Wednesday, July 09, 2008

2007 (Playing Catch up)

I was inspired to catch up our family blog after reading a friends family blog....So, here is me, playing a bit o' blog catch-up!! ENJOY!


Another fire breaks out...
The day Vanessa was born, October 25th, fires broke out ALL over San Diego. Our home was evacuated. We were fortunate, though, to still have a home to come back to. Well, on her birthday again this year...we see smoke. San Diego was up in flames, again. This is a photo of all the smoke & clouds being blown out to sea.


Firefighter Vanessa





Pumpkin Patch


Jumping down Cottonseed Hill


Happy 4th Birthday!


Cousin Owen drops by for a visit!!



Vanessa as "Bat Girl"
I was kinda excited she wanted to be Bat Girl for Halloween...I thought what a neat mixture of Girl Power! The kids at her preschool have a ton of capes that the kids wear...they make up superhero names or wear them like a skirt...some have the bat symbol or princess crown stitched on them! Princesses can be superheros, too!


Nan & Vanessa
(One of Vanessa's Great-Grandma's!)
Thanksgiving








A Swedish Christmas
Swedish Tea-rings

Our Very Own Santa Lucia!


Making Swedish Meatballs the night before Santa Lucia


We had a Pink Foil Christmas tree this year!
(And Vanessa LOVED it!)
We had done a lot of home projects during the holidays...We just finished re-texturing and painting the living room earlier in the evening. I'm covered in paint in this photo (and tired)! But nothing like decorating the Christmas tree after hardwork...Although it was pink, we still used traditional Swedish decor: Straw Ornaments....


Window painting for our storefront I painted...


Our Family!



We visited my folks(Jenny) for Christmas. Vanessa got to play with a BUNCH of Cousins! This is one of my fav photos from the trip...This is my Grandma Carol (Van's Great-Grandma!) who taught my mother about our Swedish heritage, who then showed my brothers and I where we came from...


Some of the Cousins...
With their Santa Lucia crowns on and Zachy as the Starboy




Happy New Years! 2008
Rang in the New Year with Family and Friends
It was a theme party...hehe



Vanessa taking down the decorations
XOXO

No comments: