Monday, December 19, 2005

santa has his ways of checkin up on you


we had a very magical moment on saturday! i was standing in the front doorway talking to my neighbor and what to my wandering eyes should appear.....santa claus delivering mail at 5pm! what a treat. i hollered for vanessa...away to the window, she flew like a flash, gazing in sheer amazement. santa saw her and waved..her eyes were huge...MY eyes were huge. she ran to the front door and stood with me.

He was dressed all in blue, from his head to his foot,
and his clothes were all clean and he even wore boots.
A bundle of mail he had flung on his back,
and he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

His eyes--how they twinkled! His dimples, how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
and the beard on his chin was as white as the snow.
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
that shook when he laughed, like a bowl full of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
and I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself.
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head
soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

He gave us a ho ho ho and a warm friendly wave
and off on his route, the 57 degree weather he must "brave"!!
Santa came to check up on us here
in good ol san diego...where were his reindeer?

But I heard him exclaim, 'ere he walked out of sight,
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"

No comments: